Week 2 – Wreck This Journal…

…It is Friday – the day after my dentist appointment, and I am mourning the loss of my teeth. Well, not really mourning. The pain is slowly going away and I guess I can live with the plastic for a couple of weeks. In the meantime I am enjoying wrecking my journal.

1-wreck this journal -080609

I had hoped I would be able to spill something else then coffee this time around, but once more I carefully spilled a little coffee.  The thought of messing with food in a book turns me off. Mixing the two things I love the most is okay.

1-wreck-1206

Now, messing with paint and glue is totally something else. Again my obsession with kitchens. Seems like it is becoming a theme. Then there is books. Unread books. A lot of unread books. I cannot wreck and destroy all of them, can I?

This entry was posted in art journal and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Week 2 – Wreck This Journal…

1. owlandsparrow says:

That looks really fun. I’ve seen that journal in Barnes & Noble and have yet to buy it… but now, I just might.

2. Jamie says:

Ooh, is a new kitchen coming your way? I’ve just been through that recently 🙂

It looks like it’s great timing for the book – an awesome distraction while getting over your teeth. I hope you’re feeling tiptop soon.

3. magpie says:

you may be toothless but your wreckage is
    tooth·some (tthsm)
    adj.
    1. Delicious; luscious: a toothsome pie. See Synonyms at delicious.
    2. Pleasant; attractive: a toothsome offer.
    3. Sexually attractive or exciting.

4. Ananda Leeke says:

I hope your mouth feels better. Glad you had fun spilling and painting.

5. carmen says:

wonderful collage work!

6. Snap says:

Hope your mouth is feeling better. You can take out your visit to the dentist on the journal! Perfect timing! 😀

7. lauraruthhealy says:

Wow. That’s some beautiful wreckage!
    I’m inspired.

8. Cynthia says:

How did you make wrecking pretty? I’m so sorry about the mouth and teeth — My mom went through that and made me promise to floss everyday — so I promised. Hope you’ll be okay.

9. Genie Sea says:

I hope your teeth will feel better soon, so you can sink your teeth some more into this book! 🙂

10. Sherri says:

Great coffee stain/burn page! That is good wrecking.

11. Hybrid J says:

Your wrecking is so beautiful! Just a joy to look at … 😉

12. Danette says:

Yes. I think you can destroy all of your unread books. You can definitely choose one to destroy. Maybe one you have read but really didn’t enjoy?

Get out the glue and coffee!

Your wrecking is beautiful.

13. Lisa says:

I hope you chewed your page before the dentist trip – could be painful otherwise!!
    The dream page is lovely.

14. Ooh, your pages are so pretty! Love the photo of the stack of books.

15. Wow – your burned page and coffee rings look awesome together!

I’m with you on not wanting to put food in the book, though. That will be a tough one!