Week 3 – Wreck this journal

1-sudden movements

No harm done. This book is not destroyed easily. Jamie talked about attachment in her week 3 introduction. You might say that I feel attached to this journal. I have had it for a year coming July and it has been laying around without being used since late November. Maybe I hoped for new inspiration to get back into it. As I work my way through this journal I find it interesting to read the thoughts I had last year.

Last July Stacy Julian at Big Picture Scrapbooking asked us to make a list of 8 principles of Fun. I worked hard with coming up with this list and I used my journal to write down my thoughts around this process. My final list came out like this:

• work on what is important to me
  • find what makes me “tick”
  • be creative
  • don`t follow the rules
  • take all the challenges
  • take control and don`t rush the time
  • do something
  • turn up the volume – and BE YOU

This has turned into a page of importance to me. It will be a challenge to see if I can destroy this page in the week coming up. Happy wrecking!

14-wreck 1

14-wreck 2

14-wreck 3

14-wreck 4

14-wreck 5

My journal and me had a good week – take a look at what everyone else in the journal wrecking group is doing.

Wreck this Journal

This entry was posted in art journal and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Week 3 – Wreck this journal

1. Genie Sea says:

LOL! I love your sudden destructive unpredictable act! 🙂 I hope the birdfeeder woke up! 🙂

2. Sherri says:

Great act of revenge! You’ve done some nice wrecking this week.

3. Lovely! Thank you for the reminder about attachment, too… The lose a page one — I think I’m gonna have to gulp and do it this week! EEk 🙂
    Miracles,
    k-

4. Snap says:

Great wrecking! It’s so much fun to see what everyone is doing.

5. gemma says:

Great wrecking! Love your principals of fun list!!

6. Kristin says:

I really like your journal, but I’m even more fascinated with the 8 principles of fun!

7. Ros says:

Lovely! Isn’t it fun? *grin*

8. Really wonderful indeed! I love it!

9. gina says:

Thank you for the good weekend wishes comment on my blog. I’m just getting a chance to read a few other WTJ blogs and finding out how much we all have in common as well as inspiration in other areas! I like your principles for fun too.

10. Your wrecking is beautiful!

11. kim says:

Love the photos of your journal and am intrigued by your 8 principles of fun!!

12. Heather says:

I’m quite impressed with how many people have managed to take theirs in the shower – I haven’t been that brave yet. (Though my daughters are trying to teach me to loosen up a little more.)

13. Hybrid J says:

I really really have to brace myself in the coming week to bring the jouranl into shower! Great wrecking of yours! 🙂

14. Jamie says:

What gorgeous photos of your destruction. It’s cool to think that this book has come off the shelf and is now on a new adventure with you. Enjoy!

15. Karen says:

Oh, I LOVE this…beauty in wreckage! So inspiring…

16. Carolyn says:

Wow! I love your approach for wrecking :). You have motivated me to get my journal out today for some fun! Your photos are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!!

17. No kidding you had a good week together! Your photos are lovely, too. Which of the 8 points is it bringing up the most for you? Interesting list!!