Wreck this Journal…

…and that means it`s Friday. A beautiful summer day that pokes into my lack of joy for my garden this summer. That feeling can be inspiration for some page wrecking…

26-gardening

I always avoid those personality tests showing up on Facebook. Surfing the net I stumbled upon the source of all these tests and I could not resist the urge to test the color of my heart. It turned out green…So what? 🙂

26-fire

I started working with this Tuesday –  midsummer night – inspired by the bonfire. Continuing Wednesday, feeling anxious about my dentist appointment the next day. And finally – last night – coming home from the dentist with a new smile.

26-good thoughts

This page challenge was so easy to do today. Waking up with a new smile and the smell of summer. A page dedicated for good thoughts…It is brilliant.

26-explore

Explore is a good word, and for me wrecking this journal is all about exploring.

Explore:

• colors
  • words
  • mediums
  • thoughts
  • ideas
  • and how do the rest of the world wreck a journal?

For me this is not about putting food in my book, or taking it for a walk. Although I would have loved to have the courage to do so and I admire those who did. And I really think that the girls who did take their journal for a walk in public have more courage than me, and they have a more fun and joyful approach to life. That is okay, and don`t make the rest of us any less of a person. Just different. And that is what makes this challenge really fun. I love to  read about everyones experience.

I have enjoyed one more week with my journal and can`t wait to go on wrecking.

This entry was posted in art journal and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Wreck this Journal…

1. Mel says:

I really love your outlook!! You are so right in saying that this journal is about your experience and that it’s perfectly perfect for your experience to be different from everyone elses’. I found myself *stuck* last week because I was anxious that I wasn’t wrecking fully and properly “like everyone else”. Turns out – that’s okay. Like Jamie said – a stretch for me, is very different than a stretch for the next person…

I love your wreckage…it’s all about YOU! *grin*

2. LaWendula says:

I like the way you present your journal with the nature around it.
    Explore is a nice word. That’s what it’s really about.
    Where are you from- Norway?

3. magpie says:

i love the fire page! burn it!

4. Lisa says:

I can’t believe how mentally healthy and wonderful you are! Lovely self acceptance – could you send some my way?

Your fire page really is gorgeous too. Loving seeing it photographed against flowering meadows.

5. gemma says:

Great pages wrecked lightly but with tons of heart.

6. kim says:

I love your joyful colorful pages and how personally connected they are to you life at the moment – going to the dentist, midsummer!! And YES to exploring!!

7. Connie says:

Your pages are gorgeous paintings on their own!! Love them!

Peace & Love.

8. Janet says:

love all the cheeriness – and the bright colors – AND the fact that you’ve photographed outside in the flowers!! thanks for sharing!

9. Hybrid J says:

Simply beautiful and awesome! 🙂

10. Ros says:

Explore is such a good word for this journey we are on! Lovely wrecking!

11. Kristin says:

I think your journal is just gorgeous and I’m sure it’s making you happy and making you stretch, which is what it’s all about. 🙂

12. judi parker says:

I just finished Tolle;s NOW.. very interesting. I gree, you have to be YOU in this wreck,, just you

WRECK ON

13. The Fire page is so bold, so when I first saw the Explore page I thought it said Explode. 🙂 How’s that for gentle wrecking! LOL

14. Sherri says:

Great wrecking! The picture of your journal in the white flowers is gorgeous.