The end of the wrecking…

…and I feel a little sad that this journey is over. It has been like an adventure to play with the “Wreck the Journal” this time around.

31-1

In the beginning of July 2008 this cutie arrived in the mail from Amazon. Stacy Julian added this book as a bonus project to her “Have more FUN” class last summer. Looking back  – I was very reluctant. I could not see the fun in this book or Stacy`s class. Oh, I loved the class, but FUN…nope! I did spill coffee in my journal. I did send it in the mail. I did get it wet. I scribbled. I wrote. I teared the pages. And I forgot all about this book.

Unntil this summer. I had a lot of search for “Wreck this Journal” on my blog and I did a search myself, ending up at Jamie Ridler studio. I am a shy person and it took a lot of curage to enter Jamie`s next chapter group. But I did, and I am so glad I did. It has been a joy to play with this  wonderful group of people.

There are things I never would do with a book. No way will you ever see me taking a walk with a book in a leash. Putting food in my book is a no thing. But – I do admire those who did and I have had fun visualizing my self walking my book through the streets of Bud. I even spent time trying to locate food I could put inside that wouldn`t ruin the book.

It has been amazing to read everyones adventure with this journal. I will never forget the girl who got seeds to grow inside. For me this experience has fulfilled a need to express my self. Every week I have known in my heart what to put in my journal and somehow that something has been my week. A journal. I would love to call it an art journal even if that is a new consept for me.

What now? My journal still have blank pages and some pages needs a new layer. I will keep working with this book. Later today Jamie will announce her new project and I will be checking up on her. Hopefully I will be there to play. Thanks to everyone for a fun summer – wrecking.

31-2

“Though the might look so damn far, but with determination and high spirit, definitely you will get to the top.”

Thanks everyone for the most enjoyable 8 weeks.

This entry was posted in art journal and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The end of the wrecking…

1. LaWendula says:

Dear wrecking sister!

Yes, it was a real funny adventure, our wrecking time together. Hope we will stay in touch. I’m definitly in the next project- I’m so curious, what Jamie will choose for us.
    So, CU,
    LaWendula

2. Grammy says:

You artistic page is beautiful. I am so glad you did this too. We all work at our own pace and I too felt the art pull. But this has been so much fun. I hope to see more of you too.

3. Melinda says:

thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I enjoyed the wrecking process too and the journey and like you…I am far from being complete! Here’s to more good wrecking/creativity/artwork/journaling!

4. It’s been great sharing this with you. You did some great wrecking. I’m glad you didn’t do it last summer and saved it for us!

5. Sharon says:

Doing this wrecking as a group helped me too! I have enjoyed seeing what each one was doing to their journal. I think that got me going/thinking creatively about the wrecking.

6. Kavindra says:

I would never have played with this if it hadn’t been for you and everyone else. It has been so much fun as a group adventure.

I am shy too, and it was fun to just be silly, like you say.

(And Lawendula’s seeds were a high point for me too!)

7. kim says:

I’m so glad you decided to join the wrecking! I’ve loved looking at your pages. I think your internal dialogue page is one of my favorites!

Like you and many others, I found wrecking with a group fun and inspiring. Hope to see at The Next Chapter.

8. judipatootie says:

thanks for sharing YOU with US!!

9. Hybrid J says:

Thank you for sharing with us your wreck journey! You’re a wreck star! 🙂

10. melita says:

from beautifully pristine to completely wrecked, awesome job. it was really great sharing in this wrecking journey with you.

11. I’m so glad you played along! Thanks for sharing the journey…

12. Kristin says:

It was a pleasure to be a part of your wrecking experience – I’m happy to hear that you did get into the groove of wrecking, even if you didn’t go as far as others — we all have our limits. That’s fine. My journal hardly got wet LOL My niece took my journal for a walk, so I never did that either (even though I was trying to help walk it! but the little one wasn’t letting go of it lol)

Enjoy!!
    Kristin – The Goat

13. jamieridlerstudios says:

I’m so glad you found the group and took the bold brave step of joining in! It’s been a joy to share this adventure with you. I hope you’ll be a part of the next one too 🙂