Looking back…

…at yesterday and today is so much more fun than I ever thought it would be. I have always loved the “old” photos but I had no idea how fun it would be to put them together with the new ones. This is one of the benefits of organizing my photos according to Stacy Julian`s LOM system. Mixing the photos from years back with the new ones creates a lot of stories. When collecting and organizing photos back in January and February I found 3 photos of my father working outside with his two-year old grandson. The photos are of bad quality and they are taken from the window.

4-3

Baby Jan was hyper active and was always busy helping out – or doing pranks. He kept his parents and his grandparents busy 24/7…

I have wanted to make a layout with these photos from back in 1981 ever since. Today I was inspired. One of Cathy Zielske`s skethes from Design Your Life was a perfect fit for this. I keep focusing on what Ali Edwards is teaching us in her class. Embrace the imperfection. The pics are blurry and you can`t see their faces but closing my eyes I can see them both clearly.

4-1

A proud grandfather and a happy little boy. Happy memories. But this would not have been much fun if it weren`t for the fact that looking through my storage binder from August 2009 I found this photo:

4-4

The photo is taken from the same window 28 years later. The little helper is now a grown man and he has his own little helper who is eager to help his dad.

4-2

As an alumni I will be invited to join Stacy Julian`s Library of Memories class starting in February 2010. I am so thankful for that. I did manage to implement most of her system but it need to be worked with. In fact it needs to be worked with all the time and I have been a slacker these last months. I have done good with printing and I have kept up with my storage albums. February will be just the right time to start pulling photos for my category drawers and emptying some binders.

November 5 Big Picture Scrapbooking opens registration for Cathy Zielske`s Design Your Life running in January, February and March 2010. Take a run for it. You will love this class. As an alumni I can sign up for half the prize. I want to but haven`t decided yet. It is the same class that run in 2008 but this time Cathy has implemented digital templates for all the sketches she is giving in class. This templates are worth the prize alone.

I was so inspired when I took this class that I spent too much time making layouts instead of learning, so it might be a good idea to do the class all over again. And CZ is fun!

This entry was posted in A Library of Memories and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Looking back…

1. Sian says:

I love making pages with older photos too. I love what you’ve done!

2. Elizabeth says:

How wonderful you had both photos. I enjoy going through my old family photos. I especially love the change in clothing styles!

3. helena says:

love how you used that template from Design Your Life – it is one of my favourites too. Also wondering if it is worth doing the class again

4. dottydotty says:

what fantastic LO’s and how lucky to have two such cool photos to scrap have fun with shimelles class.

5. Amy says:

Wow I love that story! I have read that book and have not made the jump over to her LOM system. I am still debating if it is really for me.

6. Kathy m says:

WoW! Ok, you’ve inspired me to look closer at SJ’s LOM class. I love the stuff you are doing from Ali E’s class too. What is that class? You do great work!

7. Wow! What a cool set of layouts. I’m so glad that Stacy teaches LOM. It completely changed the way I scrapbook. We were LOM classmates at some point, and I’m also in Yesterday + Today and Shimelle’s Blogging for Scrapbookers.

8. Joc says:

Both of those pages are wonderful, I love how you combined the old and the new, well done!

I am tossing up whether I should do Cathy Z’s class again – it was so good the first time, and there really was so much to take in… hmmm

9. gladie says:

Så herlig historie! Og så gøy med begge bildene! Vet du, jeg føler meg så hjemme her i bloggen din, jeg, føles nesten som å komme hjem til Solund noen av bildene dine 🙂