My roof is leaking and the wind is howling.

My roof is leaking and the wind is howling.

63 years after the house was built.
20 years after the house deserved its place in the village “main street”.
7 years after I moved in.
5 years after that I was promised a new roof.
3 years after it rained outside and inside.
1 year after first inspection.
2 months after I was told that now it would be a new roof.
1 month delayed.

My roof is leaking and the wind is howling.

There have been winters and there have been nights with reports of storm – where sleep have been bad.

My roof is leaking and the wind is howling.

There have been days when I have been running around with buckets  to capture rain water that filters into the guest room.

My roof is leaking and the wind is howling.

Years, months and days of silence, without hope. Without hope – for living  in a dry house. A house without moisture and odor. A house with wardrobe.  A house that deserves its place in the “main-street” here in the Bud.

But – not for long:)

I have waited for so long for a new roof on this house. I really didn`t think it would happen at all. Today they were ready to start working. Only to be delayed because of the weather report saying it was a storm coming in. But – now I do believe.

I knew 2010 would be a good year. Yes – I did.

This entry was posted in Scrapbooking and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to My roof is leaking and the wind is howling.

1. Sarah C says:

What great writing. Glad you’re getting your new roof, let’s hope they can start soon x

2. Melissa says:

Great layout and journaling. What a unique way to tell the story of your roof!

3. Kate says:

Love this!!! Your take on the prompts are fab x

4. Jerrie says:

Yay for a new roof!

Great journaling. Mixed a few prompts together. Way to be!

Enjoy the roof.

5. Barb in AK says:

I really appreciate your translation. It helps me understand how wonderful it is that a new roof will soon be in place. I can’t believe how patient you have been in your wait for the roof. I know will be wonderful to finally be dry and not have to worry about your possessions getting wet 🙂

6. Amy says: